Water damage is an unexpected disaster that can strike you at any time. However, when it occurs, it runs havoc in your life, disrupts completely, and leaves you with a water-logged property. At this moment, getting professional help is the wisest option you have to save your life, money, and efforts.
However, with there being mitigation companies and water damage restoration companies, whom do you choose? Both the companies do similar work, so can switch one for another? Well, the answer is no. Both the companies perform specific work which is not interchangeable.
Read below to understand the difference between mitigation companies vs water damage restoration companies.
Differences In Mitigation Companies vs. Water Damage Restoration Companies
The key role of mitigation companies is to stop water damage to further affect your property and possessions. The water mitigation professionals use powerful equipment, tools, and techniques to lessen the water damage by:
- Removing all the excess water from the property.
- Locating the source of the problem and fixing it.
- Clearing the affected area of all the damaged possessions.
- Cleaning and sanitizing all fixable items.
- Fixing the structural stability of the property.
- Drying out the property using dehumidifiers, air scrubbers, industrial-sized fans, and air movers.
Water Damage Restoration Companies
Water damage restoration experts help in restoring and rebuilding the property after the occurrence of water damage. They also provide assistance to help eliminate mold growth problems faced by all water-logged properties. Here is the list of services local water damage restoration companies provide:
- Repair and rebuild affected structural elements like drywall, floorings, etc.
- Eliminating mold from the premises of the property.
- Fixing all the recoverable items.
- Disposing-off hazardous and non-hazardous materials.
- Checking the moisture content using moisture meters and helping it bring it to normal level using dehumidifiers.
The crucial difference between mitigation companies vs water damage restoration companies is that mitigation services are performed first. Once the mitigation experts complete their task, the water damage restoration experts can start their work. All in all, both these companies work hand-in-hand to help restore your property from water damage.
If you’re searching for a trustworthy water damage specialist near Dallas? Then, Steam Pro Carpet Cleaning and Restoration is the one you should hire. We are an IICRC certified company with trained and experienced water damage specialists.